Friday, August 31, 2007

PT Sessions. 3 down and in for another 8!

I love love love my PT sessions with Billie-Jo. She's awesome! And apart from pushing me harder than I would ever push myself, she's really funny and a blast to hang out with (after our training session, of course!).

Initially I signed up for 3 sessions on a whim while I was joining the gym and signing my life away for the next 12 months. I am really happy that I did sign up for it though, otherwise I probably would never have met Billie-Jo or discovered how great personal training session are for me.

Session 1 was all about the finding out my FittnessAge which you can read about here.

Session 2 was a bit of a plunge in the deep end of the pool, with Billie-Jo trying me out with exercises and weights to guage how much I can handle and be pushed. Let me just tell you, there was lots of giggling and talking going on during my second session. We even sat around for nearly an hour just chatting about anything and everything after my half hour session :)

Session 3 was a very hard workout. I did heaps of weight training and ab work. At the time I thought I was working as hard as I could, but the next day I wasn't feeling any of the muscle burn that I should have so I must not have worked quite as hard as I should. It was still a great session though. I'm super keen to get the technique right so I'm getting the full effect of each exercise. This is a bit painful, but it will be worth learning. Technique is everything!

I am so happy with the sessions that I've signed up for another block of 8 with Billie-Jo. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I am already reaping the benefits, so can't say enough about it - just get out there and have a go! You'll be surprised :)

No comments: