Thursday, August 23, 2007

Time to fess up...

Tonight I had my first ever personal training session.

I was nervous and excited about this meeting with my PT, Billi-Jo. I had these horrible thoughts all day today that she was going to be a nasty piece of work and that I would be worked so hard that I wouldn't be able to stumble out of the gym and make it home in one piece :)-

Anyway, I'm happy to report that Billi-Jo was exactly the opposite to what I had imagined - she's great! But in saying that, tonight's session wasn't a real traning session for me. The next one wil be harder - I can pretty much guarantee that much!

It was half an hour of testing to find out what myFitness Age really is.

Your Fitness Age tells you that you are, physically speaking, performing at the same level of the average person that age.

So here are my stats, taken tonight that assist in the Fitness Age calculation:

Weight: 75kg
Height: 168cm
Birth Date: 15/04/1979
Waist: 86cm
Hips:113cm
Recovery Pulse: 115
Sit & Reach: +15cm
1 min of Sit Ups: 24
Max Push Ups: 10

Ok, so here's the home truth - my Fitness Age is 49.
Yep, I know. What a shocker, hey.

But at least I've got a starting point to progress from now, and it will all improve. It may take a while, but at least I'm willing (and able) to work on it.

No comments: